Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Homecoming 2009 _ SkechoPhellah presents

I told myself in 2009 that I wanted to start back adding color to my illustrations. Being a year out of work might've had it's rough moments. But one thing it did was bring me back to why I love being an artist & why even if I didn't make a career out of it, I'd still be doing something with it.. even for mere self-gratification. I spent the last 2 days working on 2 entirely different pieces from my old archive.

This is one of the 2 illustrations.... called "The Homecoming."

I came up with the original concept back in 2002, & sketched out about 3 or 4 different versions since then. The last version was inspired by a joint by Supastition called "Worst Enemy" which re-triggered the concept back in my head. I combined the 2 previous versions & came up with this.

It's pretty much self explanatory, acknowledging how college grads are shunned upon in the streets as more gratification is towards the ex-felons, cons & thugs. In other words, how we gravitate towards the negative.

No comments: